QUESTION: What do Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, Major League Baseball legend Babe Ruth, former President of the United States John F. Kennedy, NFL Head Coach and master motivator Vince Lombardi have in common with countless Priests, Bishops, Cardinals and even Saints?
They were all members of the Knights of Columbus!
Dear Brothers in Christ,
I would like to invite you to prayerfully consider the opportunity to join the Knights of Columbus. We are blessed to have such a vibrant and dynamic parish family at Our Lady of the Pillar. So why do we need the Knights of Columbus? Building friendships and sharing experiences with other like-minded men is only part of what it means to be a Knight. Through the Knights of Columbus we can make a positive impact in our parish’s current ministries, and far beyond our community as Brothers for Good!
We were founded in 1882 by a Catholic parish priest, Father Michael J. McGivney, at St. Mary’s Parish in New Haven, Connecticut to provide support for our organizations’ members and their beneficiaries. But we have become something so much greater since then. In fact, we’re worldwide!
DID YOU KNOW?…
- We are the largest Catholic fraternal organization, and the largest Catholic charitable organization in the world outside of the Church itself.
- Last year the Knights of Columbus contributed over $173 million to countless charitable efforts.
- Our members devoted over 71.5 million volunteer hours to their communities annually.
- The Knights’ Culture of Life Fund has placed more than 700 ultrasound machines in pro-life pregnancy centers around the country, saving untold precious lives.
- We support local, regional and global initiatives, including Coats For Kids, Special Olympics, the USO, World Youth Day, and many others!
- You’re busy? Help only as time permits! Give us two hours; it will change your life!
We will be scheduling guests with the Knights of Columbus to help explain more of what it means to be a Knight and how you can join this wonderful organization here at Our Lady of the Pillar. Please plan to join us!
Rev. Thomas French, S.M.
Pastor, Our Lady of the Pillar
For more information, please contact Jerry Lamoureux, Knights of Columbus Missouri District Deputy at 314-779-4001 or firstname.lastname@example.org