Complete Survey Results: olp 2017 survey
Read further down in RED to see the “calls for action” from the survey.
Beginning in May 2017, the steward commission of the parish council conducted a Parish Survey over a six-week period. have analyzed the results and would like to give you a brief summary. The survey asked for rankings on issues related to:
• Welcoming new parishioners
• Sensitivity to parishioners with unique needs
• Programs for adolescents and young adults
• Music for weekend liturgies
• Well-communicated vision, goals and plans for the future
• Parish Council programs and initiatives
• Open communication channels with the clergy
• Adult religious education and spiritual growth
• Programs to promote religious vocations
• Invitation to participate in a variety of activities and programs
• Outreach to the sick and homebound
• Community outreach programs to meet the needs of the community
• Outreach to alienated and non-practicing Catholics
Also, two open-ended questions asked what you liked best and areas of focus for the next three years.
There were 163 respondents (about 20% of eligible parishioners). The overall results were positive and indicated that our parishioners feel a strong “sense of community” and that we have active outreach programs, projects, and initiatives conducted by the clergy, staff and Parish Council. There was general agreement that the music for liturgies is effective and that we welcome new members.
The most frequent strengths cited were a strong sense of community and a clergy, who are responsive to our needs. A majority did not know of programs for vocations or for divorced/alienated Catholics.
Areas identified as opportunities for improvement over the next three years, or “Calls for Action”, are:
1. Increase youth involvement in the parish;
2. Improve overall communications in the parish;
3. Continue to build on the strength of a “community environment”;
4. Provide timely updates to the “Faith In Action” capital campaign.
In October, we conducted the first Parish Council workshop to address the findings and to share successes and needs of our existing programs. This work will continue over the next year and will result in a final vision and plan for future programs by August 2018. We welcome your ongoing interest and participation. The link for the survey results is at the top of this page.